Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
possible to reduce size of Sigil window?

I've tried various search terms, to no avail. I'd like to "square up" the Sigil display on my monitor so that it shows up better in a screenshot. I was able to do this a few years ago in an earlier version (the Donate heart is shown, and of course there's no Preview Pane) but dang if I can do it now. Clicking the windows icon at top right of the screen changes the view only marginally. There seems to be no way of pulling the sides of the window toward the center of the screen, in either view. (I can pull it down from the top, so that it becomes shorter, and of course I can resize the Book Browser / Code View / and Preview Panel to occupy more or less of the available width.

Is this now impossible, or am I missing something obvious?

I'm using Windows 7 Professional edition.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no problem grabbing the edges of the app and shrinking it with Windows 7 Pro. You just have to make sure it ("it" being any application) isn't maximized first.

The middle button of an application's control box (dash, square, X) will take care of that. Referred to as "Maximize" and "Restore Down".

That's not a Sigil feature btw, that's just Windows.

You can also "right-click" on an application's task bar entry and select "Restore" from the context menu.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-02-2016 at 08:31 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What Diap said

the middle button will be a pair of stacked (slight offset) IF you are Maximized

This has not changed since W3.x, just the styling (eye candy) rendering of these controls. Some 'daughter'/dialogs frames do NOT have resize controls.

Some of the controls also appeared (right click) on the taskbar icon PRIOR to W10 . was a great way to get qa lost over the side frame back (using the keyboard arrows)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I said, when I click on the middle icon, I can pull the border down or up. But I can't pull it from either side. No other software behaves that way.

Sigil doesn't load maximized. It loads "Normal window," like all others on my desktop. Should I load it minimized?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Solved! I increased the screen resolution. Then I was able to grab the sides, pull them in, and take the screenshot I wanted.
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You must've been running a higher resolution at one point or another. That would explain why Sigil saved a window geometry that was overflowing your screen on the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Sigil doesn't load maximized. It loads "Normal window," like all others on my desktop. Should I load it minimized?
Sigil loads the way it was configured the last time it was closed. It saves its current Window geometry to the preferences and then uses that the next time it's launched.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-02-2016 at 01:00 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote