Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2023, 09:33 PM   #1
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
Nook Glowlight 4 Plus (2023) Not Detected On Mac In 6.27

Hi! My Nook Glowlight 4 Plus (2023 edition) is still not being detected by Calibre 6.27 on my Mac (Mac Mini M2 Pro, Ventura 13.5.2). I ran the "Debug Device Connection" on it again and I guess it's being detected as a Nook Color, for some reason? Is that maybe why it's not working?

Code:
Looking for devices...
USBDevice(busnum=0, devnum=18, vendor_id=0x2080, product_id=0x000f, bcd=0x0440, manufacturer=BarnesAndNoble, product=BNRV1300, serial=5032410080907009)
		Detected possible device NOOK_COLOR

Devices possibly connected: Nook Color Device Interface,  
Trying to open Nook Color Device Interface ... failed
Opening of the following devices failed
<calibre.devices.nook.driver.NOOK_COLOR object at 0x124c471f0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 728, in open
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 393, in open_osx
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 382, in osx_bsd_names
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 341, in _osx_bsd_names
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Could not detect BSD names for Nook Color Device Interface. Try rebooting.
Output from osx_get_usb_drives():
[]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/devices/__init__.py", line 163, in debug
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 731, in open
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 393, in open_osx
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 382, in osx_bsd_names
  File "calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 341, in _osx_bsd_names
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Could not detect BSD names for Nook Color Device Interface. Try rebooting.
Output from osx_get_usb_drives():
[]
I've already tried rebooting both my Mac and the device, and I also updated the device to the most recent firmware. I tried disabling the Nook Color plugin just to see what would happen and then the Nook doesn't get detected at all. Everything works normally with it when I fire up Android File Transfer. I'm sure this must be something to do with my setup but I can't figure out what. Any suggestions? Thanks!
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 10:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah you didnt say this device is an MTP based device. In that case, it will require the MTP driver in calibre.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...d8fe5e67b51980
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert