Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Thumbs up Super deal for Sony PRS650 ($59.99 CAD) or PRS350 ($79.99 CAD)!

Just wanted to share this - I thought this was such a great deal that I've already ordered a PRS-650 for myself!
At first I thought I was going to have to do the whole cross-border shipping thing, and then I saw that it's a CANADIAN company.

https://www.topchoiceelectronics.com...ze=&brand=sony

I have never ordered from this company before, and I'm still waiting for the item to arrive, so I can't speak for the quality, speed of service, etc. but the price is fantastic - plus free shipping within Canada!

The PRS-350 is $20 MORE than the 650, but that worked for me, since it was the 650 I wanted.

The biggest issue I had was figuring out which colour to go with: they have the 650's in three different colours: black, red or silver... so I went with classic silver. (What's your favorite colour?)
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I have the red and love it.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My silver one arrived in the mail yesterday! Will be testing it to make sure all is good, but physical condition is decent for the money. They are open-box so there are a couple of scuffs on the body, and a faint scratch on the screen... I am more concerned to find out how well the battery is holding up so far.

Last edited by teija; 06-07-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Battery is an issue for older Sony models. I am geek enough not to qualify as an average user, but my attempt to replace (weak, but still working) battery on prs505 led to instant upgrade to my Kobo touch

Anyway, for Canadians who are looking for deals on refurbs, I believe that it is difficult to beat Factory Direct prices:
http://www.factorydirect.ca/Categori...aders/Ereaders
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
teija
Gadget fiend

Thanks for the link Anhk. Yes, I came across that website the other day, unfortunately a lot of the deals are in-store only...and Ontario is a long way to go for some...
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Wow! That's more Black 650s than have been available since they disappeared two weeks after initial release! I have never seen it available from a retailer! Seriously this is the rarest of all Sony Readers, except possible the large format ones.

Any US deals like this? I couldn't register a US address on their site.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #7
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I have a red 650 and I love it. I've never had issues with the battery, but maybe I switched to a Kobo too early to notice
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-350, prs-650, sony