Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 01:03 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I preorder a book. What to expect?

I pre-ordered a book. I've never done it before and not sure what will happen. What should I expect when the release date rolls around?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 AM   #2
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
I pre-ordered just a couple of times (and the last one was a couple of years ago). But I received an email confirming the pre-order, and an e-mail on the day the book was available informing me they had completed the transaction and the book was available for download.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #3
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I pre-ordered a book. I've never done it before and not sure what will happen. What should I expect when the release date rolls around?
I'm assuming that you've preordered it from Kobo. Whenever I've done this:
1. I've received an e-mail from Kobo on the day of release;
2. Next time I sync my device (by default, I leave Wi-Fi off, to save the battery), the book downloads to it automatically.

I suspect that the time of day when it becomes available depends on geography. Here (UK), I find that it seems not to appear until morning - i.e., it doesn't always seem to happen immediately the clock passes midnight.

When I've bought direct from publishers, I've found that my book doesn't get made available to me for download until early/mid-afternoon my time. From memory, it's about 09:00 their local time, so, for example, 09:00 in Florida would be 14:00 here.
bluepeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
thank you both!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote