Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Libby files to calibre?

I have downloaded Libby to my iPad as it makes it so much easier to find and borrow books from my library.

Is it possible to transfer Libby's files to calibre?

I tried a file browsing app that looks at the contents of the iPad, and I found a folder named Libby, but there was nothing in the folder. I am not sure if that is because the software was in trial mode or not.

Thanks.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:33 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe via the Overdrive Link plugin ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe via the Overdrive Link plugin ==>> Index of plugins
The Overdrive Link plugin allows searching of library sites to find books to borrow. It does not have anything to do with the reading or borrowing process.

I do not know of anything that can help you with Libby. I do know that the documentation for plugin most commonly used for DRM removal say that it is not intended for use on borrowed or rented books, such as library books, and that you are unlikely to receive assistance if you attempt to use it for that purpose.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:05 AM   #4
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the books that you have checked out on Libby can also be checked out as epub using ADE on a PC. they will have ADOBE drm
but you can copy the DRMd epub into calibre if you really want to , or do whatever you would usually do with such books
its daft to try to retrieve the book from libby + Ipad when you can simply check it out again but this time to PC , or probably to MAC.
connect to your libraries digital web site- log in and you should see the books under " loans"

there is no trial mode with libby - its a free app, made by overdrive, for android & IOS. works with any library where you have an account, so long as that library uses overdrive. it also syncs between devices if you have it installed in 2 places.. the actual book files are probably well protected and well hidden. and they auto-expire.

Last edited by stumped; 05-27-2020 at 09:27 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert