Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
Karengibson
Karengibson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Fire
Calibre 3.4.0 conversion PDF to EPUB issue

I am having this problem when I go to PDF to EPUB. I can go from EPUB to anything and no problems.

The problem is the pages get all missed up. The table of contents in PDF is two pages long. When I convert it to EPUB It's 5 pages long. Some of the graphic pages are okay in PDF, but when you go to EPUB they get all messed up and the text is all different on other pages and some of the text on graphic is gone.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix this. Maybe convert PDF to TXT then go from there to something else.

Are some advance guide lines on how to get the best results to this problem, which I feel is an on going issue.

Thanks in advance.
Karengibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...-pdf-documents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And, there are more tips here ==> Read this before Posting PDF Questions

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
Karengibson
Karengibson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Fire
Thanks for the insight. I appreciated that.
Karengibson is offline   Reply With Quote