Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 05:00 AM   #1
jessicastephen
jessicastephen began at the beginning.

Device: none
iOS vs. Android: Which do you prefer and why?

Hey everyone,

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on a topic that often comes up in the world of smartphones: iOS vs. Android. Which operating system do you prefer and why? Do you find one to be more user-friendly, feature-rich, or reliable than the other? Let's discuss the pros and cons of each to help those who might be deciding between the two.

Looking forward to your insights!
jessicastephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The problem with iOS is that Apple wants to control everything and a similar Android (other than flag ship Samsung) can be 1/5th price.
You won't get 3.5mm jack socket, SD-card, Dual SIM, easy install of your own or 3rd party APK outside store, all of which is possible on decent Android handsets.

Also ability to install store apps ends very much faster with iOS. Apple also removes store apps that don't upgrade to reduce what works on older iOs.

On the plus side the 4:3 aspect of an ipad is better.

There are Android phones & tablets with matt screens. All Apple HW is terrifically shiny screens.

There is almost no innovation or variation of features with iOS HW as it's all Apple, compared to the massive variation on Android.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #3
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I’m very low tech so my comments are limited but here they are.
I find Android to be easier to use, it’s more intuitive then iOS, sometimes I can’t find some function on iOs and have to google it, where on Android I’ve never had problems.
What I like about iOS:
- the speed to open apps, even when you have several open it does not get slow or blocked, something that happened a lot with my android devices.
- being able to update the software of the devices for several years.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote