Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Adding book series to cover???

Ok I downloaded the new version of calibre (0.7.18) today because in the "whats new" option of the pop up it said it was now possible to add series info on the cover page of the book...........I can't figure out how to do this, does anyone know?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the generate cover button in the edit metadata dialog
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Ok I downloaded the new version of calibre (0.7.18) today because in the "whats new" option of the pop up it said it was now possible to add series info on the cover page of the book...........I can't figure out how to do this, does anyone know?
This is for calibre generated covers. If you have series info for a book when you click generate cover in the edit meta information window the series info will automatically be added to the cover generated.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
PCreighton
Enthusiast
PCreighton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Kindle WIFI 6";IPAD 2
Any thoughts of adding series and series number as a prefix to the tittle when it exports to Kindle?
PCreighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
I haven't tested but what about "Preferences | Send books to device"

Template to Save
{author_sort}/{series} - {series_index} {title}

I don't know how well it would work for titles with empty series, I guess we'll see a leading dash
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert