Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
pvalle29
pvalle29 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Remove border css

Hello! I used to remove border css when convert from fb2 to azw3. I only had to put "border" in look&feel/extra css. But this doesn't work in the last version 1.12.
I would like to know how I can do that now.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad English.
pvalle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I think you would have more success putting border in Look&Feel - Filter Style info - Other CSS properties if you are trying to remove css. The Extra CSS option adds CSS rather than removes it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
pvalle29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think you would have more success putting border in Look&Feel - Filter Style info - Other CSS properties if you are trying to remove css. The Extra CSS option adds CSS rather than removes it.
Sorry,I haven't explained properly. What you've said is exactly what I do. But it worked until 1.3 version, but it doesn't work from 1.4 version.

I think it must be related with this: "EPUB/AZW3 Output: Use shorthand forms for margin, padding and border CSS properties, where possible", in 1.4 version, but I don't know what and how I have to do. In any case, I can downgrade to 1.2 version. In this version it works fine.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to put in all the possible border properties, namely:

border-top-color
border-top-style
border-top-width

and so on for bottom, right, and left
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:51 AM   #5
pvalle29

Thanks a lot, it works fine now.

But I have a question: I think it was easier to do this before 1.4 version, I only put "border" in "Other css properties" and borders were removed. Now I have to put top, bottom, right, left, and color, style, width. Why is more difficult now?
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Previously it only worked because the book you were converting happened to use the shorthand form, if it did not it would not have worked. Now all css shorthand properties are expanded internally during conversion, this is necessary to avoid a few CSS cascading bugs.

Therefore, it is now necessary to specify the full properties to be removed explicitly. I might add a feature in the next release to automatically expand shorthand css properties specified in the filter css box, so that one does not have to enter them manually.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
pvalle29

Thanks a lot. Calibre's improving every day. Please, don't forget fb2 format, wich is used a lot here, in Spain.