Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 03:47 AM   #1
Hschwickart
Calibre Fan
Hschwickart began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Touch Lux 5
Cannot change order of HTML Pages

I'm new to Sigil. I'm using it in Linux Mint Vanessa with the latest Version downloaded in December 22
For getting used with Sigil I loaded a bunch of HTML pages which form a free e-book.
Looked not to bad at a first view, but I then discovered that some pages were out of order and not showing up in the preview document, dispite having the right numbering.
I was not able to move them to the right place.
Hschwickart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:15 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Changing the order is done by dragging the file in the book browser (usually on the left side of the main code view window). However if they are not showing up in the preview window it may indicate an issue with the spine/manifest in your .opf file. How did you “load” the html files?

If you haven’t done so already, I’d add the epubcheck plug-in and see what that says.

Last edited by Turtle91; 02-09-2023 at 04:20 AM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2023, 06:41 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschwickart View Post
I'm new to Sigil. I'm using it in Linux Mint Vanessa with the latest Version downloaded in December 22
Please post the Sigil version number (Help > About).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschwickart View Post
Looked not to bad at a first view, but I then discovered that some pages were out of order and not showing up in the preview document, dispite having the right numbering.
I was not able to move them to the right place.
If you simply opened the .epub file as a .zip archive and added the .html files, Sigil won't display them. You'll need to add them via Text > Add existing files. For more information, see the official Sigil user guide.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:21 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Mint Vanessa (Mint 21)'s package base is Ubuntu Jammy (22.04) so they're probably looking at Sigil 1.9.2 from the standard repos.

There used to be much older versions of Qt that had a bug that would cause Sigil to crash when reordering files in the Book Browser, but Vanessa/Jammy should be well past those versions.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote