Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-20-2024, 07:18 AM   #1
shim80
shim80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cheap option for reading manga online

Hello guys, I was looking for a good tablet with screen above 7", mainly for reading manga.
I found used Kobo Forma for ~110$, I was considering buying it... but I found out that there's no way to read manga scans online (I read released chapters every week). Isn't there apps like Tachiyomi for Kobo Forma?
What are the best tablets around this price tag that could do that?
shim80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:27 AM   #2
naenee
naenee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
repost :P https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen..._manga_online/

I'd suggest if you have a tablet, I'd keep using that, colours are much more vibrant.
naenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2024, 02:20 AM   #3
shim80
shim80 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naenee View Post
I'd suggest if you have a tablet, I'd keep using that, colours are much more vibrant.
LCD screen are very tiring for my eyes... I was looking for epaper display device because its feel more comfortable
Also, mangas are black & white, I don't mind vibrant colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by naenee View Post
Yep, but I saw a lot of custom apps on this forum, so maybe there's some apps that could help for my usage

For example, there's UltimateMangaReader for Kobo devices. This app look perfect for me, however it's english websites only (I read in french)
shim80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 07:40 AM   #4
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look into downloading comics and converting them into a format that's suitable for your reader. It takes some learning, but it becomes easy with some practice, and you won't go back to reading online after it.
If you're still only keen on reading on the web, you could look into android readers like the ones from Boox. I'm not familiar with the app you're talking about, but you can look online if it's working on android devices.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, mangas, used reader