Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Today, 01:47 PM   #1
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Ctrl-click for style not working

I have an epub with the CSS file directly in the OEBPS folder along with the xhtml files rather than in a separate Style folder.

Ctrl-click to open the first matching CSS style is not working - I get "no style rules that match the class xyz were found". The CSS file is linked correctly and everything else works properly (other than Live CSS).

Is this is a bug?

Fixing it in this ebook so that ctrl-click works would seem to require creating a Styles folder, moving the CSS file there and search/replace on all the links in the xhtml files. Or is there another way? Or I could just leave it, since the book can be viewed without issue, just editing is a touch harder.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sometimes that happens. I've noticed two causes...

1. You have declearations at the top of the css file. Something like the following. For some reason, this interferes with the ctrl-click link which is a know issue in Calibre.
@charset "utf-8";
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

2. If you run the CheckBook and EpubCheck functions, there will be errors. One of those errors is breaking the ctrl-click link. Once the errors are fixed, it will work again.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #3
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Sometimes that happens. I've noticed two causes...

1. You have declearations at the top of the css file. Something like the following. For some reason, this interferes with the ctrl-click link which is a know issue in Calibre.
@charset "utf-8";
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

2. If you run the CheckBook and EpubCheck functions, there will be errors. One of those errors is breaking the ctrl-click link. Once the errors are fixed, it will work again.
1. The @ character does not appear in the CSS file. The CSS file looks normal to me, but I'm not highly experienced.

2. CheckBook says no problems found. I don't have EpubCheck installed, as it requires Java which I don't want to install.

It sounds like my guess about the CSS file not being in a Styles folder is incorrect.

Last edited by foosion; Today at 03:28 PM.
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Fixing it in this ebook so that ctrl-click works would seem to require creating a Styles folder, moving the CSS file there and search/replace on all the links in the xhtml files. Or is there another way?
The easiest way is to run "Arrange into folders" in the Tools menu.

Why are you hesitant installing Java?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #5
foosion
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
The easiest way is to run "Arrange into folders" in the Tools menu.

Why are you hesitant installing Java?
Alas, using that to put the CSS file into a folder didn't help with ctrl-click.

FWIW, the CSS is Oxford University Press CSS version 1.2.

Java: I have a possibly irrational aversion to cluttering my computer with such files I rarely if ever use. Plus I'm not a fan of a language which forces you to put everything in a class.
Advert
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #6
foosion
Addict

I just edited another CSS file. It had @namespace epub "http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops"; at the top, but behaved normally.