Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 11:08 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Calibre on a tablet need to connect to Calibre desktop?

The error msg is not a problem as I can just click OK & ignore it.

I have Calibre installed on a tablet (surface go 2) that has win 10; I do update the books on the tablet Calibre library by just copying the books from the listing on the desktop Calibre; no problem.

I do get an error msg saying that it could not connect to the desktop Calibre; will have to check the msg more for details.

It is just puzzling if the connection attempt was part of Calibre or win 10 for an unknown reason; or it was Calibre as I do use the "add" to point directly to the desktop Calibre library listing. Will need to check out if I also get the same error on the laptop's Calibre. If it is Calibre's msg then I think that it tried to reconnect from "add" book function?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #2
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
The 'error' msg does not appear when loading Calibre on the laptop if Calibre is not running on the desktop.

But then the surface go 2 tablet OS is win 10 pro whereas the laptop has win 10 home; win 10 pro has more networking stuff/junk as I understand it.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert