Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2024, 06:31 AM   #1
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ebookus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Firmware 5.16.9 out

New update for 10th and 11th gen devices.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:57 AM   #2
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
From the What's New screen:

Version 5.16.9 - May 2024

Here's what's new:

Performance improvements, bug fixes and other general enhancements.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The release notes for the Scribe also has this:

Quote:
Notebook Per Page Templates: You can change Notebook templates for individual, selected, or all pages in a notebook. Change the template in Notebook Settings or Notebook Overview.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 01:05 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The release notes for the Scribe also has this:
Tried the new feature, it works as expected.

However, it is a new use case for KFX Input to handle, it is only converting pages with initial template and ignores subsequent ones. I'll post an example on the plugin thread.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-05-2024 at 01:16 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:10 PM   #5
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Scribe
After updating my scribe to 5.16.9 page numbers are no longer shown in converted to AZW3. All books that were already on still show them but any new additions show the screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2024_06_07T13_00_30+0100[1].png
Views:	161
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	208740  
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2024, 02:29 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The .sdr directory for the book must have a .apnx file for page numbers to show.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 03:03 PM   #7
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The .sdr directory for the book must have a .apnx file for page numbers to show.
Not sure what this means, all books I have sent to my scribe prior to this update still show page numbers, books I send since dont.

I've been on the calibre forum and they stress nothing has changed from their end.

I have sent the same book to my Oasis and the page numbers show.
Old 06-07-2024, 03:55 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
Not sure what this means, all books I have sent to my scribe prior to this update still show page numbers, books I send since dont.

I've been on the calibre forum and they stress nothing has changed from their end.

Have you turned on WiFi? .apnx have to be downloaded, I think.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 04:01 PM   #9
grizedale
kindle Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Have you turned on WiFi? .apnx have to be downloaded, I think.
I never turn on wifi and had no problems before.

On further investigation on the scribe the .azw3 file is being transferred from calibre outside the folder hierarchy (Folders are the author surname,first name).

On the Oasis a folder is created by calibre with surname, firstname containing the azw3 file together with an .sdr folder containing an .anpx file.

If I transfer this folder to the scribe the page numbers work.
Old 06-07-2024, 04:04 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The driver for regular Kindles is where the page number file is generated. The driver for the Scribe does not have the ability to generate page numbers. That's why you don't have page numbers when you send from calibre to your scribe.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 07:27 PM   #11
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
That would make this test interesting:

Send a book to the Oasis first, then the Scribe after. Do the page numbers show? Does it have the .apnx file?

It may be something to file a bug report to the Calibre devs about.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 12:11 AM   #12
grizedale
kindle Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post

Send a book to the Oasis first, then the Scribe after. Do the page numbers show? Does it have the .apnx file?

Yes they do, an .sdr folder with an .apnx file is created on the Oasis. My workaround is to transfer this folder to the scribe. I can only assume it's related to the new file structure on the scribe as it worked fine prior to the update. I have posted this on the calibre forum.
Old 06-08-2024, 04:49 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post

It's not a bug. It's a lack of the apnx generator in the scribe driver.
Old 06-08-2024, 04:49 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes they do, an .sdr folder with an .apnx file is created on the Oasis. My workaround is to transfer this folder to the scribe. I can only assume it's related to the new file structure on the scribe as it worked fine prior to the update. I have posted this on the calibre forum.
It's not due to MTP. It's due to the driver not having the code to generate an apnx file for page numbers.
Old 06-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #15
grizedale
kindle Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not due to MTP. It's due to the driver not having the code to generate an apnx file for page numbers.