Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 11:31 AM   #1
peaceridge
Wizard
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
convert .pages to epub

I can't find this in search. I have a Mac and create documents in Mac's Pages app. Is there any way Calibre can convert this format into epub like it does the Docx format?

(Currently I save my pages documents to docx before importing to Calibre, but that means I have to keep track on the Mac of which documents have been converted and make sure they match).
peaceridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No calibre has no support the pages format.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #3
peaceridge
Wizard
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No calibre has no support the pages format.
Thanks, I thought this might be a pretty obscure need. I'll just keep using my convert to docx work around. Appreciate everyone's hard work on Calibre!
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, I thought this might be a pretty obscure need. I'll just keep using my convert to docx work around. Appreciate everyone's hard work on Calibre!
An extra Save As in docx works best for Open Office or Libra Office compared to odt, which is supported.

Consider migrating to LO Writer on the Mac. I moved to it from MS Word.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #5
peaceridge
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
An extra Save As in docx works best for Open Office or Libra Office compared to odt, which is supported.

Consider migrating to LO Writer on the Mac. I moved to it from MS Word.
Thanks, I have used LO Writer on my old Windows machine. I have been trying to use the Mac supplied apps on my new Mac unless I find a good reason to switch to a non Mac supplied app. I think I'll give LO Writer a try on the Mac.
Advert
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, I have used LO Writer on my old Windows machine. I have been trying to use the Mac supplied apps on my new Mac unless I find a good reason to switch to a non Mac supplied app. I think I'll give LO Writer a try on the Mac.
Just because the programs are from Apple does not mean they are the best choice to do whatever it is they do. Look into other rpograms to see if something else may be better.

Pages is awful so almost anything else is going to be better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #7
peaceridge
Wizard

One thing I found is that LO Writer will not automatically underline web addresses unless you use their non docx format (which defeats the whole purpose for me changing). I'm going to look for other alternatives to word and pages.