Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Music Theory Primer, 99 cents for Kindle

I'm not much into self promotion, but it does seem rather silly of me to have this forum available and not take advantage, so...

SQUARE ONE - A Western Music Theory Primer

A short introduction to the vocabulary and concepts of music theory.
If you've wanted to learn about music theory but didn't know where to begin or even how to ask the right questions, this will start you off. We'll start at Square One.

A short primer, in simple language.
About 15 pages or so if printed.
99 cents, and DRM-free.

Please give it a look, and I hope you get something out of it!

Thanks!

Last edited by ApK; 08-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - just purchased.

I like music theory explained well - so I'll let you know how I go with this.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Very cool! Should be a great help to the musical beginner, is there going to be more advanced books coming? I'm at that point.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm also interested how far you were intending to take this concept.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys!

There's probably not a 'part 2' of this particular topic in my future.
There are plenty of good ADVANCED music theory books out there.
This primer came out because I ran into many folks who were stymied by most of the books out there, and often felt lost in conversations on Internet music forums.
The books either assumed too much knowledge, or glossed over the fundamentals too quickly and it went over their heads.
In the forums, they lacked the vocabulary to ask what they really wanted to know or to understand the answers people gave.
Sometimes, these people were experienced and talented folk musicians who simply never before had a need or desire to use words to talk about the music.

I wrote this to try to fill the gap.

If I write any more stuff, it will likely be a similar introduction on some totally different topic.

Of course, what I really want to do is direct....

Thanks again,

ApK
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
ApK

For the non-Amazon set, the primer is now available at Smashwords in ePub format.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55987

For deployed service members, it's also available through Operation E-Book Drop

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
ApK

Thanks to Smashword's Premium Catalog, Square One is now also available through B&N!

ApK
Old 05-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #8
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
And thank you -- you will have a sale at B&N as soon as I hit the "post" button here!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
ApK

Thanks! I hope you find it useful.

I see today it's also available at the Apple iBook store and a few other places.

Still waiting for it to appear at Kobo.

ApK
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
ApK

Hey, the primer is now available from Kobo:
Square One: A Western Music Theory Primer

That's the last of the major ebook stores. My quest for world domination is now complete!
Bwahaha!

ApK
Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
ApK

Get $1 MP3 credit with purchase!

Amazon is currently offering $1 of credit for MP3 purchases in the Amazon music store with the purchase of any qualifying music book, and my little primer is included in the promotion.
As the primer costs .99, and you get a credit of $1.00 toward an MP3 purchase, you actually MAKE money by buying it!
That's one whole penny IN YOUR VIRTUAL POCKET!

See the promo notice on the product page for details:
Square One - A Western Music Theory Primer

Thanks!

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-02-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
ApK

FREE this week at Smashwords with coupon.

It's my birthday at the end of the week, so I thought I'd give a little gift to my fellow MR members:

Square One - A Western Music Theory Primer is free this week, until August 10th, at Smashwords with coupon code: NW48M

A small thank you for all the happy hours I've spent here here on MR, when I'd otherwise have been doing something useless, like working, or caring for my home and family.

For those who want to help put my kids through college, it is of course still available at Amazon.com and other outlets for 99 cents.

Thanks!

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
ApK

Free again! Happy Birthday to me!

Turns out my birthday is in August again this year!

Why mess with tradition:
Square One - A Western Music Theory Primer is free, from now until August 10th, at Smashwords with coupon code: NW48M

If you'd like to help an adorable 8-year-old girl afford flute lessons, it is of course also available at Amazon.com and other outlets for 99 cents.

Thanks!

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 08-02-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Happy Birthday Andy.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #15
ApK

Smashwords Celebration!

Square One - A Western Music Theory Primer is free for the rest of the month at Smashwords with coupon code: NV36C

This is to celebrate the fact that, for the first time, my yearly sales through Smashwords and it's partners has EXCEEDED my sales through Amazon!

Good job, Smashwords! Amazing!

OK...I should point out that my total units sold for the year so far can be counted on the fingers of one hand of all but the clumsiest of shop teachers, and with numbers that small, it's not that hard to find interesting phenomena to celebrate.

This far out on the sales fringe, it's like the quantum mechanics of marketing statistics.

Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited by ApK; 05-18-2017 at 01:48 PM.