Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Show a particular book at top of book list

I'm only interested in the Library list, not the Device list.

I'm only interested in nominating one book per library

Sorting would not move it from top of list

The book would always be shown irrespective of search expression, virtual library etc.

What would I use it for… to store a list of calibre://book-details URLs to books I want to have at my fingertips.

Any suggestions ?

Added: Maybe with a locked and docked Quickview…

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 12:25 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bummer:

Can't edit metadata of book in locked QV, if that book is not in current book list because of search, VL etc.

Doesn't reinstate QV selection on start or library switch.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 12:58 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This would be much better as UI plugin that lets you jump to any of a specified list of books. There is no way to always have a book at the top, but since now awdays you can have multiple book information popup windows, you can simply keep one of those open to your reference book. Indeed define an OS level global shortcut that opens the calibre;?? URL for the reference book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:14 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Kovid - one can only have one locked Book details, I recall multiple locked BDs being discussed, but it was discarded… chaley would remember why.

I wanted something that would persist. A Windows shortcut to a calibre:\\show_details to the "reference" book works to a point… but the content in which I'm interested, are themselves calibre://book details URLs to real books. If I click one of those then the "reference" BD is overwritten by that books details, and because it's from an external source it doesn't show Format file links. I'll attach some screen shots to demonstrate.

I would also like to edit the Links column in the "reference" book… I've seen mention of a Single field edit capability in the Actions Chains PI.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	210818   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	210819   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg