Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
CC issues from new user

First, thanks to chaley for giving me details about Calibre Companion. I returned my Windows 8.1 tablet and bought a Samsung and I immediately bought Calibre Companion. I'm delighted beyond words!

1. It looks like my user-defined columns don't come along to CC when I download books from Calibre. True?

2. If I update my desktop Calibre to massage and merge tags, how does that new tag structure get to CC?

Thanks.
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
First, thanks to chaley for giving me details about Calibre Companion. I returned my Windows 8.1 tablet and bought a Samsung and I immediately bought Calibre Companion. I'm delighted beyond words!

1. It looks like my user-defined columns don't come along to CC when I download books from Calibre. True?
Nope. If they are in calibre then CC knows about them. You can verify this by looking at book details for a book (tap on a book).

If you are looking in the grouping drawer then the custom columns are there only if you add them. Go to Settings / Grouping Drawer / Group/Sort on custom columns and "check" the columns you want to see in the grouping drawer and/or in the sort menu. You can also show them in the book list. See Settings / Book list / customize the book list.
Quote:
2. If I update my desktop Calibre to massage and merge tags, how does that new tag structure get to CC?

Thanks.
Simply connect CC as a wireless device. All changes to metadata in calibre will be automatically downloaded.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
tags