Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Note Merger help

Hi guys,

I have read the released note about note merger of the latest version. I have solved the issue and able to merger note for most of the time.

Then I tried to make the blank page template from the Acrobat, by using create PDF from blank page. But all the note I took on this template are not converted in to the pdf file when I tried to merge it using the companion software. The merged file is only blank pages as the original template, no writing is merged.

Wonder if anyone experience such thing and hope to hear from you.

Sincerely
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
I have solved the issue and able to merger note for most of the time.
how did you solve this?? thanks..
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
physics@war
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
how did you solve this?? thanks..
Check this out
http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...temid=34&nav=0
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
physics@war
Connoisseur

Hi all, please help,

I am having great trouble in making a blank template to take notes on. I made the template from creating PDF with blank page from acrobat 7.0.

But when I try to take notes on it and merge, nothing is merged at all to the blank page. Does anyone experience this?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
This may be trying to tell you things you alrady know but I thought I'd just go through teh process for you:

a) I assume once you make your blank document you can read it in Adobe or other pdf reader (ie check the initial process has worked).
b) You would then need to transfer the document to the DR1000, you don't need the companion software for that bit, just drag and drop will do.
c) To make it a Template, you must use the Companion software and select the document and choose the "Make Template" option.
d) disconect the DR1000 and see if your newly transferred doc now has a little emblem (like a circle) in the top LH Corner, to signify it is a template.

Assumeing all that works. Don't move your template, just select it and open it on the DR1000 and write/draw soemthing and then close it.

A new document will now appear in the folder with your template name and a number. It is this document that should have your doodles attatched.

Now, re-connect your DR to the PC and open the companion software. Drill down to your new document (the one with the number) and choose the merge option.

This should then give you the option to save the merged file somewhere. Do so and open the newly created file. Do your notes appear?

If they do not, it suggestes the metadata.db file is not being accessed correctly.

One way to check is to take a not of the file size before you start scribbling and then afterwards, the metadata.db file should increase in size. Also, the metadata.db file and the document are linked, so don't move them until after you have merged the document succesfully (at least at this stage anyway).

I generally just create my temeplates from Word, or any other similar application documents that I just print as pdf. I then create as template using the companion software.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
physics@war
Connoisseur

Hi Howard,

thanks for the reply. I have done all the things you mentioned. Except checking if the metadata file is working properly.
I have another folder in the writepad folder, which also holding different template, I tried those, it worked. Just the blank template in the writepad folder doesn't work properly. I was worrying that if I have created the blank file incorrectly.

Thanks
Bang
Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #7
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Oh,
Well the DR does ship with a pdf printer driver to allow you to "print to pdf". Try opening a blank page in Word and using that. Otherwise I'm a bit stuck.

regards, Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote