Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #796
WarrenUK
WarrenUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaa77 View Post
Hello everyone. Impossible for me to install the JB with the links from the first post. The kindle doesn't restart on the language choice, and it's not a speed problem with step 15 because I simply can't do it any faster. However, I already passed the JB on the first try, except that I had to do a restore to factory settings and since then it has been impossible to do it again. I think I've tried this about 20 times and I'm in despair. Does anyone have a solution?

Kindle Paperwhite Signature 5.15.1.1
Same issue for me. It reboots and doesn't show language page. Tried it twice.

Waste of time.
WarrenUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:26 PM   #797
Aaa77
Aaa77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenUK View Post
Same issue for me. It reboots and doesn't show language page. Tried it twice.

Waste of time.
Hi, I solved my problem. In fact my kindle was still jailbroken even after factory reset. I simply had to reinstall the language patch to have the mkk folder again
Aaa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2024, 05:52 AM   #798
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
This guide is a waste of time. It never works.
Judging by the countless amount of people who have successfully jailbroken their Kindle, I would not say you are correct.
I am much more inclined to reckon this is a very typical case of PEBCAK.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Kindle

This is also supported by the vast amount of people that have reported errors in the past only to understand later that they were overlooking something, like for example the starting prerequisites.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:55 PM   #799
ForumUser
Mobileread_User
ForumUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 (2021)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaa77 View Post
Kindle Paperwhite Signature 5.15.1.1
Try after upgrading to 5.16.2.1.1 (if your device is compatible).
ForumUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:00 PM   #800
ForumUser
Mobileread_User
ForumUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 (2021)
Quote:
This guide is a waste of time. It never works.
It worked for me
ForumUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2024, 08:32 AM   #801
WarrenUK
WarrenUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Judging by the countless amount of people who have successfully jailbroken their Kindle, I would not say you are correct.
I am much more inclined to reckon this is a very typical case of PEBCAK.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Kindle

This is also supported by the vast amount of people that have reported errors in the past only to understand later that they were overlooking something, like for example the starting prerequisites.
Yee I am just annoyed because the Amazon software is rubbish and I really want to JB the device.

I seem to be stuck on steps 14, 15 and 16:
14. Now wait for the press power button to start
15. As soon as it appears plug your kindle back to your computer and copy the contents of the LanguageBreak folder into it once again, overwrite files then safely eject
16. Hold the power button as instructed on screen

I copy the files over and eject, then I hold the power button down but it just resets the device back to stock. How quickly do I need to copy the files over in step 15? How long do I hold the power button down for? This is tripping up. But I want JB so bad arghhhh!

Thanks
WarrenUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:04 PM   #802
scribe_user
scribe_user began at the beginning.

Device: scribe
Quote:
Yee I am just annoyed because the Amazon software is rubbish and I really want to JB the device.

I seem to be stuck on steps 14, 15 and 16:
14. Now wait for the press power button to start
15. As soon as it appears plug your kindle back to your computer and copy the contents of the LanguageBreak folder into it once again, overwrite files then safely eject
16. Hold the power button as instructed on screen

I copy the files over and eject, then I hold the power button down but it just resets the device back to stock. How quickly do I need to copy the files over in step 15? How long do I hold the power button down for? This is tripping up. But I want JB so bad arghhhh!

Thanks
I followed this video(not in english) for JB installation. It took nearly 3-4 hours, to understand, where things were going wrong from my side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpaa3GYjaMA
scribe_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:55 PM   #803
jl10591
jl10591 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Are new Kindles (from Az or retailers) shipping with sufficiently old firmware to allow JB?
jl10591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:03 AM   #804
spreader
spreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th gen
I was wondering if anyone had tried to downgrade Kindle (10th gen) with firmware 5.16.7
I just got from a friend who does not use it anymore, so it was already updated.

Under settings I can not choose update firmare.
spreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:13 AM   #805
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreader View Post
I was wondering if anyone had tried to downgrade Kindle (10th gen) with firmware 5.16.7
I just got from a friend who does not use it anymore, so it was already updated.

Under settings I can not choose update firmare.
You can only update to newer on a Kindle. Only JB allows downgrade. The "Upgrade" option is disabled if no suitable signed FW is found.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 11:51 PM   #806
Maverynthia
Enthusiast
Maverynthia began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 3 8.0 /Samsung Galaxy S5 / PC
Can we have pictures of how to get into device mode to update because it doesn't go back to English until you "update"

(I had to use google translate to find it, but having pictures would help
Maverynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:08 AM   #807
spreader
spreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can only update to newer on a Kindle. Only JB allows downgrade. The "Upgrade" option is disabled if no suitable signed FW is found.
My intention is to jailbreak. If I have to downgrade, I would certainly do it.
According to the instruction on first page of this thread, jailbreak is done using the "update firmware" function.

Maybe...
One could fake a new firmware bin file and place it on device? That could downgrade and then jailbreak. Is that somehow possible?
spreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:36 AM   #808
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The jailbreak must come first. No ways around it.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:50 AM   #809
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
How quickly do I need to copy the files over in step 15?
Very quickly.
But not insanely quickly. I missed it the first time, for example, but I made it the second. I doubt you're not being quick enough. I'd investigate wether you are copying the right file on the device.
Sometimes in the instructions given in the forum it might seem you have to copy the archive file, while you need to copy its content and viceversa.
I can't remember all the steps now, but if I were you I would post what you exactly are copying on the device in step 15 and where on it, so that somebody can check if you're doing the right thing.

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 03-29-2024 at 04:05 AM.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:48 PM   #810
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Whoever has helped @Aaa77 jailbreak his Kindle has helped him jailbreak a blacklisted PW5.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak