Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 01:04 AM   #1
christinareads
christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: sony
missing pieces in book

I was reading a book I downloaded and suddenly there were pieces missing.
When I open the book on my PC, the whole text is there.
I tried downloading it again but again pieces are missing.
It's always at the end of a chapter.
The sentence ends abrubtly, next page starts a new chapter.

I finished the book and went on PC to find the missing parts.
Now there is a second book in this series and I wonder if the same problem will occur.
It never happened before.
Anyone had this?
christinareads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
It's a problem of the formatting.
The reader stops at the first error.
You should check and correct the book.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2019, 06:47 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Where did you download the book from?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinareads View Post
Anyone had this?
Yes, I bought a Kobo book once, that came with a horrible font and spacing, and I wanted to read on my Sony. I converted it to an ePub with an embedded font. Looked good, but chunks of book were cut off wherever there was a little graphic for the end of section. I went back to Calibre and removed several presets style settings (I don't know which one fixed it because I'm not that smart) but something fixed it. I'm guessing you might have something similar going on. Like yours, the book was complete when reading on the computer.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If you bought the book from a store, you should report the problem to the store.

Back in the days of the old Sony store I once bought a book where the font size could not be adjusted - it was only one really large size. I contacted the store and within a few days they provided a corrected book with adjustable fonts.

I'm sure some sellers are better than others about getting things like this fixed but it can't hurt to ask.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I once bought a book where the CSS had errors. Because I was ab;e to strip the DRM, I was ab;e to see what was wrong and fix it. If I wasn't able to strip the DRM and fix it, I would have had to have returned it and I would not have been able to read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
christinareads
christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.christinareads is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Where did you download the book from?
an electronic library.
I never had problems before.
christinareads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinareads View Post
an electronic library.
I never had problems before.
Are these legal eBooks?
Old 09-26-2019, 02:11 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are these legal eBooks?
I was also wondering - what is an "electronic library", and what's the name and address of this specific one - or is it a secret

reputable libraries like Overdrive have help/support functions which you can use for problem books . cant say how good they are as I've never had a problem book from overdrive !
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:39 PM   #10
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Sometimes, reConverting the book to the same format using Calibre may fix the problem.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #11
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sony reader has a bug in FB2 module which causes wrong pagination sometimes. Do you use FB2 books?
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmat89 View Post
Sony reader has a bug in FB2 module which causes wrong pagination sometimes. Do you use FB2 books?
Sony Readers never supported FB2 eBooks.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #13
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
The ePub requires that each file be smaller than 260kB.
Maybe the book is formatted ok but the chapters are simply too long.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #14
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony Readers never supported FB2 eBooks.
They do with the PRS+ custom firmware.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
They do with the PRS+ custom firmware.
But we cannot assume the OP is using PSR+ or that the OP is using FB2. Also, we don't know which Sony she has.