Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-16-2024, 08:35 PM   #1
m610
m610 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hello from Esparto!

It's a small town west of Sacramento/Woodland, CA, near the base of the eastern edge of the Coastal Range.

Anyway, I'm new here, but not new to writing, although I am not a pro. In the past, I did a lot of academic writing: instructional materials, health and safety manuals, journal publications, those sorts of things. With that life well behind me, I started writing and publishing a newsletter/magazine for the Opel (a type of car) community and at the same time, I started exploring writing books. My website shows a number of past and current projects.

Most of my book projects have been for more personal than sales purposes, but I am now wrapping up a book that I want to be sold on Amazon and other places. I have a printed draft, and it looks ready to go, but I also want to produce an ebook version, the the whole ebook thing is totally new to me. I have never seen or read an ebook, for example,ugh obviously, that has to change.

I am good with technology. I can program, create websites, send HTML emails, use Photoshop, shoot and edit videos, and more, but this being my first effort with ebooks, I feel like I am hitting a wall. I've read quite a bit, and it all makes sense, but I'm still trying to figure out what my next move should be.

I hope to learn more from the good folks here.

Mike

Last edited by issybird; 06-17-2024 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Links deleted.
m610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 05:47 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert