Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
tommylander
tommylander doesn't littertommylander doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950
Sony 950: Portrait or Landscape?

Hi, guys. My first post!

I purchased the Sony 950 last week, and already I feel like it's changed my life (for the better, of course). I'm on my second book on it now, and I've got more than a hundred loaded up to follow. I still can't get over the fact that I've pretty much got all my reading for 2011 in this one awesome device.

Anyhow, let me stop gushing and get to my main question. I was just curious how people liked to read on their 950s. Do you read in the portrait mode or in landscape? For me, I've settled on the two-column landscape mode, at least as of now.

How about you?
tommylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
grogthegreat
grogthegreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Portrait although I also recently got mine and haven't played with landscape much.
grogthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I mostly use two-column landscape mode. Being left handed the page turn buttons are well situated in landscape mode. I prefer using the buttons to turn pages rather than swiping. And in landscape, it is more comfortable to hold and read for extended periods of time.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
I've mostly been using 2-column landscape as well. It feels more like a real book, which I like. It's also convenient for me since most of the standby screens I've found to use are landscape.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
tommylander, congrats on your new 950. It's a great device so I can relate to why you are so enthusiastic about it.

I like to read in portrait mode, except for some PDF's that work better in landscape. I wish they would add landscape orientation to the web browser. I really like the new quadrant view for multi-column PDF's.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
tommylander, congrats on your new 950. It's a great device so I can relate to why you are so enthusiastic about it.

I like to read in portrait mode, except for some PDF's that work better in landscape. I wish they would add landscape orientation to the web browser. I really like the new quadrant view for multi-column PDF's.
Ditto!
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post

Same here.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote