Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
I got a NookColor!

So what should I know? Seems like many here did extra fancy things, what are they and why did you do them?

Last edited by Belle2Be; 02-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
wxgeek96
wxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor, iPod Touch (1G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
I just got my NookColor today, and I feel like an idiot because I can't get it to set up :/
Is a Nook Mac friendly? I plugged it into my mac, and the little pop up on the nook says "You may now safely move files from your PC to your Nookcolor"
Once you have the Nook connected ( and get the message on the nook ), then you should see a drive called "media" on your Mac desktop. If you open that drive, you can see several folders. You can put stuff (pictures, music, books) by just drag and drop like any other flash-type storage.

Quote:
How the heck do I get the free books on B&N into my Nook? I want the 2 childrens books that are free, they are in my Nook Library online, but not in my nook library in my nook? (My Wifi is on).
If you go into library on your nook color, you should see a "sync" icon (two arrows pointing in circle). Click that, and it should sync with your online Nook library. The nook should auto-sync every so often, but that button forces the syncing.

There are other threads here about Calibre and the Nook Color; I have no experience with that.
wxgeek96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Thanks so much!
I ended up calling, there was something weird with my acct so he had me reset and start over, and it all worked!
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
nancyk4
nancyk4 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I have a questions about books that have been borrowed from the library. If they are first download to my computer and then transferred to my Nook do they expire from my Nook and from my computer? Or do they stay on my Nook and then expire from my Nook. I am just learning, thanks for help!
nancyk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyk4 View Post
I have a questions about books that have been borrowed from the library. If they are first download to my computer and then transferred to my Nook do they expire from my Nook and from my computer? Or do they stay on my Nook and then expire from my Nook. I am just learning, thanks for help!
Library books are files with a time-stamp. When they expire on your Nook, they will still be there until you delete it from your Nook. You just won't be able to read them. You will get an error that says "The lending period for this eBook has expired" if you try to read it after the date.

When you transfer the copy from your computer to your Nook, the copy is still on your computer. It will stay there until you delete it (or return it early via Adobe Digital Edition software). Once the date expires, then you will not be able to open it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
So what should I know? Seems like many here did extra fancy things, what are they and why did you do them?
Bell2Be, I recommend that you check out the Color Tips and Tricks sticky thread at the top of this forum. It's a good place to start.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert