Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Touch
Adding non-Amazon purchased ebooks

Hi folks. New Kindle Touch owner here and I have a question. I own a half dozen or so DRM-free ebooks in Mobi format that I'd like to get on my Kindle Touch. I know I can just email them to my Kindle email, but I'd also like them available via Kindle on my Android and PC without having to manually add them to each device. Is this possible?

ETA: Oh, and if it isn't possible, does it hurt anything to manually add those titles to the Android/PC/Kindle devices separately?

Last edited by Staked; 12-07-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Staked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
thayerwilliams
thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
AFAIK personal documents, including manually uploaded mobi-formatted ebooks, are not available over the cloud. I would love to see this feature too.
thayerwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staked View Post
Hi folks. New Kindle Touch owner here and I have a question. I own a half dozen or so DRM-free ebooks in Mobi format that I'd like to get on my Kindle Touch. I know I can just email them to my Kindle email, but I'd also like them available via Kindle on my Android and PC without having to manually add them to each device. Is this possible?

ETA: Oh, and if it isn't possible, does it hurt anything to manually add those titles to the Android/PC/Kindle devices separately?
You will have to manually add them to the other devices but Kindle 3.3,K4, KT have a Personal Document Cloud feature that will synch with each other. The Kindle Fire is the only one that doesn't have access through the Archive Items or allow syncing. You have to go to your MYK page and send it to the Fire that way. There is no Personal Docs Feature for K4PC or Kindle Apps. Also you can't synch personal documents on Kindle Apps or Kindle Fire yet.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-07-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For Kindle for PC, just copy the books into the "My Documents\My Kindle Content" folder and they'll show up in the library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
Deleted.

Last edited by mikeschr; 12-07-2011 at 03:01 AM.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert