Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #1
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Regex problem with brackets and returning a value from memory

I was doing a page list for my accessible EPUB 3 ebook according to these instructions (https://gold-chartreuse-795z.squares...ng-a-page-list). In one part there is Regex used:

Quote:
Create the correct code for the page breaks. This RegEx string works in oXygen XML editor:
<span class="com-rorohiko-pagestaker-style">(\d+?)</span>
<span epub:type="pagebreak" role="doc-pagebreak" id="page$1" aria-label=" Page $1\. " />
I tried this Regex find and replace search in Sigil and it doesn't seem to work. When I use this same Regex string in Sigil's Regex search, all I get is this:
Quote:
<span epub:type="pagebreak" role="doc-pagebreak" id="page$1" aria-label=" Page $1\. " />
Seems that in Sigil nothing is saved in memory when using brackets. Is there some other way to do this in Sigil? I know in the instructions Sigil is not used for this part but I would like to know why this regex string is not working in Sigil.
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #2
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I just found a solution for my problem and it seems that I'm not able to delete my post anymore.

Instead of $1 I need to use \1 in Sigil to return the value from the memory.

Sorry for posting too hastingly!
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:08 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You may want to practice RegEx on RegEx 101. Use the PCRE2 flavour of RegEx for Sigil practice. The $1 suggests an ECMAscript/Javascript flavour of RegEx.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote