Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
CarolD
CarolD began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch (for now).
Newbie to ebooks

Hi there. I've been spending so much time researching and get more confused the more I read. I have been reading on my iPod Touch for a few weeks and will eventually get a reader when I can decide on which one. I like the idea of being able to read the same book on my touch and a kindle at the same time and being able to download the type of books free or cheaper on Amazon but I like think I like the Sony reader. Anyway in the meantime I'm enjoying my touch. If it were only a little bigger I wouldn't look further. I do get a little eye strain reading on it tho. Hope that won't be the case with a Kindle or Sony.
sorry for a long intro.
CarolD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, CarolD

I've had the Sony 505 for a year now and love it. Everyone has different wants / needs for a device, so it's nice we have so many choices.

Have fun roaming the threads and ask questions if you want to know something.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Carol.

Whichever device you get, you won't get eyestrain.

If you use the library, and yours stocks a good selection of epub and pdf e-books its easy to load library books to your computer, then load to the Sony.

The Kindle is a great device.....very easy to use, with an astounding selection of books well priced at Amazon.

Enjoy the process.

PS.....the Kindle comes with a 30 day no questions asked return policy, (pay only return shipping) you can really get to know the reader well that way. Download books, (free ones) and find out if its the one for you.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-04-2010 at 04:36 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi CarolD, welcome to MR!

I've had a Kindle now for over a year and I really don't know how I got along without it!!

The Sony devices are really good too from what I've read (around here). If I were buying a new device now, I'd seriously consider the 300 or the 600. I like the size and clarity of the 300, but I'd really miss having a dictionary. The way you use the dictionary on my K1 is really clunky; I tried out a 600 and it's sweet to be able to double-tap the word and get the definition right there!

Anyway, Sony experts will probably be along shortly to answer your technical questions. If not, try another post in one of the Sony forums.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CarolD and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for two years now and really like it. I buy most my books from Kobo who automatically downloads books to your iPhone when you download them to your Sony. I find that to be very handy.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
CarolD
CarolD began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch (for now).
Wow, even more stuff for my pea brain to absorb. I hadn't heard of Kobo before so will have to look into that. Thanks ya'll.
CarolD is offline   Reply With Quote