Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Book Details Side Bar

For some reason I cannot get the Book Details panel to display on the right. Either by setting Preferences->Look & feel->User interface layout: to Wide or by using the Main window layout->Toggle layout between wide and narrow shortcut (Alt+Shift+L).

When I change from Narrow to Wide (or use the shortcut) the BD panel disappears from under the Book list, but doesn't appear on the right edge.

I'm 99% sure it's something I've done to settings, because it's working fine in vanilla portable.

Any suggestions on where to look for remedy.

EDIT Sort like it's in a state of Hidden when layout is Wide and Shown when layout is Narrow.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 12:44 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Main window layout->Toggle layout between wide and narrow shortcut (Alt+Shift+L).
I wasn't aware of that shortcut! Will be very useful, thanks.

What happens if you do Alt Shift D, or move the mouse pointer to the edge of the UI?

Last edited by Comfy.n; Today at 12:21 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #3
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I meant by edge:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-10-02, 01_24_52.png
Views:	15
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	211154

Name:	MWSnap 2024-10-02, 01_25_14.png
Views:	13
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	211155
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #4
Comfy.n

Also, maybe if you have a saved layout, you could try restoring it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MWSnap 2024-10-02, 01_37_58.png
Views:	15
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	211156  
Old Today, 01:29 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

EDIT Sort like it's in a state of Hidden when layout is Wide and Shown when layout is Narrow.

BR
Exactly!

Code:
  "saved_layouts": {
    "default": {
      "layout": "narrow",
      "narrow_desires": {
        "book_details_height": 0.3308199811498586,
        "cover_browser_width": 0.16,
        "quick_view_height": 0.09236569274269557,
        "tag_browser_width": 0.11691136487221315
      },
      "narrow_visibility": {
        "book_details": true,
        "book_list": true,
        "cover_browser": false,
        "quick_view": false,
        "tag_browser": false
      },
      "wide_desires": {
        "book_details_width": 0.11947245927075252,
        "cover_browser_height": 0.5307057745187901,
        "quick_view_height": 0.2695570216776626,
        "tag_browser_width": 0.1376
      },
      "wide_visibility": {
        "book_details": false,
        "book_list": true,
        "cover_browser": false,
        "quick_view": false,
        "tag_browser": false
      }
    }
  },
That 'false' needs to be 'true' - but I'm not sure how to make it so when I save the layout. I would have thought the visibility settings ought be the same for narrow and wide.

BR
Advert
Old Today, 02:27 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No they are not the same, one could easily want the book details panel in one layout and not in the other.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

One could.

But if you restore a layout that shows BD in either position, that will remove the ability to reposition that BD via the Look & feel->Main interface->User interface layout setting, or the Main window layout->Toggle layout between wide and narrow shortcut.

You would need a second saved layout to reposition BD.

But I have a workaround, so happy to leave it be.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 05:45 AM.