Notices

Old 09-20-2024, 06:25 AM   #1
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast
AnnieQuinn began at the beginning.

Device: PC
How to charge Boox Go 6

Hello.
I am new to the field of using e-readers.
I just bought a Boox Go 6. Its charging specification is 5V 1A.
The device comes with a charging cable.
But I don't know how to charge it, that is, what power source to use.
Can I use a phone charger, which has a 5V 2A output for it?
Or use a laptop's USB port to charge it?
Will the methods I mentioned harm the device?
If I am wrong, please guide me.
Thank you very much.
AnnieQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 10:05 AM   #2
dcarvil
Connoisseur
dcarvil began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 3
Yes, you can use a 5V 2A phone charger. 2A is the maximum output of the charger. It will provide only the 1A the Boox needs. You can also use a laptop USB port to charge it.

Neither method will harm the Boox.
dcarvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2024, 10:18 AM   #3
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarvil View Post
Yes, you can use a 5V 2A phone charger. 2A is the maximum output of the charger. It will provide only the 1A the Boox needs. You can also use a laptop USB port to charge it.

Neither method will harm the Boox.
Thank you so much for helping me.
Old 09-21-2024, 01:37 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
What? A new 6"?
It's an octacore vs. the quadcore of the Poke5.
The display is now the 1300. Is that a detectable improvement?

It would be very useful (for others) if you could find out what the processor is and whether it's locked down.

Do you have ADB enabled and working yet? And fastboot? And EDL?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 07:40 PM   #5
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

This is my first time using an e-reader. So I don't know too clearly if there are any obvious improvements. When I tried it in the store, my personal feeling is that I didn't see much difference in the short experience. The appearance is a little different on the back of the device.
As for your last question, I haven't looked into it yet, because I'm a newbie.
Oh, and one more thing, before buying, I watched some reviews (on youtube), for some reason, some of them said Android 12, while the one I bought was Android 11.
Advert
Old 09-22-2024, 02:25 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the specs on the Onyx site say 11.

For my money on an ereader the latest (and greatest) Android version hardly makes a difference.
Except making it harder to modify/customize.

Going from the Poke3 to the Poke5 (with the super partition) was unnecessary pain.
Old 09-22-2024, 03:16 AM   #7
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

I was also quite hesitant between poke 5 and go 6. I feel they are similar. But the price in my place is different. Go 6 is being sold cheaper than poke 5, about 10% cheaper. So I chose it. Still in the process of learning to use it more proficiently.
Among those who recently bought poke 5, before go 6 was released, some people were quite regretful.
And another interesting thing for me is that I bought a cover for poke 5 to use for go 6. Because the price of poke 5 cover is cheaper.
Old 09-22-2024, 06:21 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard

Hmm, but is the closing sensor for the Go6 in the same place as the Poke5?
Does it shut down and restart correctly?
The dimensions of the Poke5 and the Go6 are exactly the same.

If the security on the Go6 has been tightened over the Poke5, then the Poke5 is the end of the line for me.
Old 09-23-2024, 11:03 PM   #9
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

I am not an expert or experienced user to answer you that. I am a newbie, so I lack knowledge.
Old 09-24-2024, 12:57 AM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieQuinn View Post
I am not an expert...
Maybe. But right now you're our expert on the Go6.

Right now the Go6 is selling for $150 with cover at https://shop.boox.com/products/go6
The Poke5 was knocked down to $170 but is listed as unavailable there.

You might "dip your toe in" and learn about ADB.
That will be useful in the future for you to install apps and make tweaks to various things.
Old 09-24-2024, 04:06 AM   #11
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

I will try to ask the seller if they have any information that can help me. I will try to learn more about the items you suggested.
In my place, when buying from the distributor, it will cost me about $178, not including the price of the cover, which is purchased separately. The price of the cover is about $24.
Old 09-24-2024, 04:56 AM   #12
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

I see a star on the cover of the book. Normally on e-readers or phones, that shows that it is a favorite book.
But I don't see a section in the Library on Boox to filter starred books.
Or is it because my device doesn't support it?
Old 09-24-2024, 05:07 AM   #13
Renate
Wizard

Many of the folks here do not use the stock Boox library or reader.
I don't either, but maybe somebody else can help you.
Old 09-24-2024, 06:13 AM   #14
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

Yes, I usually use Moon+ reader pro on my phone and tablet. But when I use it on my e-reader, it is quite slow and laggy. I am still looking for a more suitable reader.
Old 09-24-2024, 11:59 AM   #15
Brigán Norbert
Brigán Norbert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4,Paperwhite2,BrokenPoke3,Boox poke5,Boox page.Boox Go 6
Koreader. The best.
Brigán Norbert is offline   Reply With Quote