Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #1
bant
bant began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense Touch
Possible to edit out creator metadata?

Unfortunately, KOReader puts illustrators, authors, and creators all under "author" tag. Calibre (with my understanding) doesn't seem to have a way to edit creators or illustrators; just authors. No matter how many times I polish, nothing will happen because obviously, I'm not editing creator or illust and the metadata just goes right by into my device.
I can go to Edit Book > content.opf and manually rewrite it, but this isn't a long term solution, not to mention having to check each book one by one is a huge waste of time.
I write this hoping there's a plugin I don't know about, or if there's something I missed that easily lets me edit these things and I'm just too new to know.
bant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bant View Post
Unfortunately, KOReader puts illustrators, authors, and creators all under "author" tag. Calibre (with my understanding) doesn't seem to have a way to edit creators or illustrators; just authors. No matter how many times I polish, nothing will happen because obviously, I'm not editing creator or illust and the metadata just goes right by into my device.
I can go to Edit Book > content.opf and manually rewrite it, but this isn't a long term solution, not to mention having to check each book one by one is a huge waste of time.
I write this hoping there's a plugin I don't know about, or if there's something I missed that easily lets me edit these things and I'm just too new to know.
Use the editor to edit the OPF and remove the metadata you don't want. There is not automatic way. It has to be done manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert