Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 12:57 AM   #1
ajkessel
Connoisseur
ajkessel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Telnet over USB from Windows to Libra 2

Has anyone managed to telnet over USB from a Windows box to a Libra 2? I've followed these instructions which are for Clara, and I do see a usb0 network device appear on my Libra 2 but I have not been able to figure out how to access it from Windows. It seems like the device crashes and reboots when I enable the usb0 network interface and then connect it via USB to the Windows box. I'm not sure if the problem is on the Windows side or on the Libra. Does anyone have any wisdom to share?

Last edited by ajkessel; Today at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo
ajkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
How did you work around the missing items that the Clara HD firmware contains but the Libra 2 firmware does not? There are 22 files in the ./drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget directory on a Clara HD but only 7 in that directory on the Libra 2.

When I look at the page you linked, only 1 of the files listed (g-ether.ko) in the 8 insmod commands is found in the Libra 2 firmware in the ./drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget. The configfs.ko, libcomposite.ko, u_ether.ko, usb_f_ecm.ko, usb_f_eem.ko, usb_f_ecm_subset.ko and usb_f_rndis.ko are not seem to be available in the Libra 2 firmware I looked at.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #3
ajkessel
Connoisseur
ajkessel began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
How did you work around the missing items that the Clara HD firmware contains but the Libra 2 firmware does not? There are 22 files in the ./drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget directory on a Clara HD but only 7 in that directory on the Libra 2.

When I look at the page you linked, only 1 of the files listed (g-ether.ko) in the 8 insmod commands is found in the Libra 2 firmware in the ./drivers/mx6sll-ntx/usb/gadget. The configfs.ko, libcomposite.ko, u_ether.ko, usb_f_ecm.ko, usb_f_eem.ko, usb_f_ecm_subset.ko and usb_f_rndis.ko are not seem to be available in the Libra 2 firmware I looked at.
I just loaded the ones that existed, which did seem to create a usb0 network interface. But maybe that's not enough to actually make it work. Does anyone know if it's even possible to have a working USB network interface on the Libra 2?
ajkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't recall reading about any previous attempts, but if the Libra 2 is missing files that the Clara HD needs for USB networking, then that would seem to indicate that it isn't possible?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
telnet