Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
Free Through Sunday: Flash Gold, a steampunk novella set in the Yukon

Hi, guys!

I just released an 18,000-word steampunk novella set in the Yukon during the Gold Rush era. I'd love to give away some free copies via Smashwords.

Flash Gold

Image too large - MODERATOR]

Blurb:

Eighteen-year-old Kali McAlister enters her steam-powered "dogless sled" in a race, intending to win the thousand-dollar prize and escape remote Moose Hollow forever. The problem? Fortune seekers and airship pirates are after her for the secret to flash gold, her late father's alchemical masterpiece.

With her modified rifle and a pocketful of home-made smoke bombs, Kali wouldn't normally hide from a confrontation, but taking on a whole airship single-handedly is a daunting task. Unfortunately, the other racers won't assist her--they're too busy scheming ways to sabotage her unorthodox sled.

When a sword-slinging stranger shows up, wanting to hire on as her protector, she's sure he has ulterior motives, but he's the only one interested in helping her. The question is...why?

Coupon good through Sunday the 3rd on Smashwords:

Flash Gold
HG24W

And, of course, you can pick it up at Barnes & Noble or Amazon for $0.99 if you're not a Smashwords fan.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-11-2011 at 08:20 AM.
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey - thanks for that. I've picked up my copy.

Actually because I downloaded this, I've noticed that you have another steampunk style novel, The Emperor's Edge. If the novella keeps me interested I might pick up the other as well.

Working on a sequel at the moment?

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Hi, Caleb. Thanks for taking a look!

I'm working on a sequel to Emperor's Edge right now. I'm hoping to get it out by June. Ice Cracker II (free at Smashwords) is a short story with the two main characters from EE, so you could try that first and see if they interest you.

Happy reading!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm starting this book today. I'll let you know how I go.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Finished this and reviewed it in Good Reads, Amazon and Smashwords.

Great novella - highly entertaining. Could definitely be interested in a novel based on these characters and this setting.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler

Thanks for giving it a try, Caleb, and extra thanks for posting your reviews!

Tags
fantasy, steampunk