Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
[Libra] KOReader not updating Calibre metadata

In Calibre I have removed the tag "TBR" from 3 books. I then rebooted back into Nickel and plugged my Libra in. The Three books still showed up in my KOReader listing of the "TBR" tag, so I rebooted back into Nickel, and ran Kobo Utilties to update metadata on device. None of the three books have a "TBR" tag in Calibre, yet all three still show up in the TBR tag list on KOReader, despite having updated 3 times now. What am I doing wrong?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
In Calibre I have removed the tag "TBR" from 3 books. I then rebooted back into Nickel and plugged my Libra in. The Three books still showed up in my KOReader listing of the "TBR" tag, so I rebooted back into Nickel, and ran Kobo Utilties to update metadata on device. None of the three books have a "TBR" tag in Calibre, yet all three still show up in the TBR tag list on KOReader, despite having updated 3 times now. What am I doing wrong?
All KOReader does is read the file metadata.calibre (or calibre.metadata, IDK). Please check that the file doesn't contain that tag. If the file is old you can remove it and calibre will happily generate a new, updated, one with the contents on your device.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I fixed a time conversion issue in the latest nightly that could prevent catching an updated metadata file in a timely manner (depending on your exact locale), try again with a current nightly.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:06 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I fixed a time conversion issue in the latest nightly that could prevent catching an updated metadata file in a timely manner (depending on your exact locale), try again with a current nightly.
Thanks, the latest update seems to have restored the metadata refresh
Old 05-05-2021, 07:13 AM   #5
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

The not-updating issue has recurred. Also, deleting the calibre metadata file did not fix it. The count of books KOReader shows with the TBR tag remains at 115 (Calibre count 111), after 6-7 refreshes and updates in Calibre, and after the deletion and recreation of the Calibre metadata file. KOReader still lists a tag for which there was only one book, a book deleted from the device, along with its sdr folder. But still it shows up. When I check for an update, I get "KOReader is up to date"
Advert
Old 05-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Just to add that I opened in Notepad++ the metadata.calibre file that was generated after deleting the previous one. The current file, the one KOReader is apparently reading from, definitely lists 111 books as TBR, yet KOReader still says there are 115 books with that tag.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enable debug logs (Tools > More tools > Developer options), restart KOReader, start a single metadata search, and look at the relevant bit of log in crash.log (there's two lines detailing the timestamp comparisons).

e.g.,

Code:
05/05/21-18:28:56 DEBUG CalibreSearch:getMetadata: Cache timestamp   : 1618434396 2021-04-14T21:06:36.000000+00:00 (2021-04-14 23:06:36 +0200)
05/05/21-18:28:56 DEBUG CalibreSearch:getMetadata: Metadata timestamp: 1618434304 2021-04-14T21:05:04.490813+00:00 (2021-04-14 23:05:04 +0200)
05/05/21-18:28:56 INFO  metadata: 565 books imported from cache in 19.190 milliseconds
If you're *only* seeing the performance metric, you're not running a recent enough *nightly* (i.e., Dev channel).

And, extra question, just in case: in which timezone are you?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-05-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:37 PM   #8
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Enable debug logs (Tools > More tools > Developer options), restart KOReader, start a single metadata search, and look at the relevant bit of log in crash.log (there's two lines detailing the timestamp comparisons).

If you're *only* seeing the performance metric, you're not running a recent enough *nightly* (i.e., Dev channel).
Thanks, I'll do this when I get a chance. In the meantime, though, another question. If the Dev channel is the only update channel I use, how is it possible that I might not be running a recent enough nightly, given that I check several times a day for updates?

My version number is v2021.04-30-g0d6be41_2021-04-30/

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 05-05-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
If the Dev channel is the only update channel I use, how is it possible that I might not be running a recent enough nightly, given that I check several times a day for updates?

My version number is v2021.04-30-g0d6be41_2021-04-30/
It isn't, and you're not; that was just to double-check that you weren't actually on the stable channel .

FWIW, nightlies are built ~8 AM GMT (provided there were actually code changes), so you don't really need to run a check that often ^^.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
It isn't, and you're not; that was just to double-check that you weren't actually on the stable channel .

FWIW, nightlies are built ~8 AM GMT (provided there were actually code changes), so you don't really need to run a check that often ^^.

I do it with pretty much all my software, even LibreOffice. It's like going to the fridge 5 minutes after you last checked, hoping for new food to have magicked itself into existence