Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 04:51 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Floating punctuation (hanging punctuation)

Hi

I've seen on forum files that Koreader can display this feature (one nice example given by Frenzie is an english text from wikipedia) or has it been disabled?

If it still alive, I'd like to know how to enable it. I tried using css (hanging punctuation) to no avail, there should be a setting somewhere I presume?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:59 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's over in the document menu. Not sure which nice example you're talking about though?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-04_10-57-47.png
Views:	187
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	177500  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 06:12 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's over in the document menu. Not sure which nice example you're talking about though?
Thanks! It was a Wikipedia article published in 2018 (left without, right with) which illustrated it but I lost the thread.

In French, it's written "Ponctuation sans justification" which is quite clear indeed...

And btw,

- I just found how to get pop-up notes with a standard ePub
- I just found that dropcaps are displayed nicely (with "web" mode rendering only!) but "hanging punctuation" does not like them, so for this tiny use case, a choice has to be made.

Amazing Koreader !!!

Last edited by roger64; 03-04-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: does not like
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:42 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Oh, I figure I referred to the Wikipedia article about hanging punctuation. It links to this PDF which has some good examples (but they're probably better than what KOReader can do ).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote