Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 05:55 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
I need advice on how to send a binary file to a Pocketbook via UART from a PC.

Hi gang !

After a bad manipulation on the Pocketbook, I inadvertently deleted the important file for starting the device HWCONFIG.BIN

DEVICE

• Pocketbook Inkpad 4

EVENTS

• The device can be started, the screen does not respond, you can only see the text Pocketbook.

• After connecting the device to the PC (Win/Linux) I don't have the option to connect via USB, which would be really simple, so I could upload the HWCONFIG file to the root directory, which I would copy to the "/boot" folder and the problem would be solved, unfortunately life is not that simple.

• I can only access the device through the UART port, when starting the device I see an error message that the device cannot be started because it cannot find the configuration file (HWconfig, which contains information about the device)

I tried software on the PC side such as E-KEMRIT & KERMIT et which uses an older protocol like XMODEM, YMODEM or ZMODEM , but I think that in order for the file to be transferred I would have to run minicom on the Inkpad side as well?

It seemed that I somehow managed to send a file from the PC to the Pocketbook once, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the device (pocketbook) (I don't even know where to look for it).

QUESTION

Does anyone have experience, a suggestion, or a procedure how I could send the HWBIN file to the Pocketbook using UART or otherwise?

I tried to activate and mount the USB port through the command line (on the pocketbook page), but without success, even when Windows made the classic sound of the device being connected, but no drive appeared.

It is not a simple text file where it is possible to manually write the information model=, scren= etc. through the text editor, but a binary file, so creating the HWCONFIG.BIN file manually is not considered.

Well, maybe there will be someone who knows superhuman skills and will be able to give some advice or point me in the right direction.

I downloaded the original and the new HWCONFIG.BIN file from another Inkpad4 device. At the very least, take this as a warning that when you do the slightest manipulation with files, always remember to make backups..

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Today at 06:06 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Can you copy it to an SD card on your desktop, and then insert that into the inkpad and copy it from there?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Can you copy it to an SD card on your desktop, and then insert that into the inkpad and copy it from there?
Sure, under normal circumstances it would be solved, but the Inkpad 4 doesn't have an SD slot
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote