Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #1
Seattlescott
Seattlescott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
New user trying to use multiple amazon accounts

Hi

I'm a new user here. I came here because I'm trying to figure out a multilingual problem. I read in multiple languages, but my Kindle Paperwhite is registered with amazon.co.jp in Japan. This means I can only use DRM free books, or purchase them from Amazon Japan.

My goal is to open a second Amazon account with Amazon France, and someone get those books onto my Kindle and read them.

Someone pointed me to this DeDRM plugin:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/70sis...=tqo2adoe&dl=0

But this is all new to me. Are there any like users out there who have figured out how to purchase books from various Amazon accounts (Japan, France, Mexico) and get them all on the same Kindle device?

Thanks in advance for any pointers including forums that are for this.
Seattlescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Welcome to MobileRead!

Most folks here just remove the DRM - that's a way to read any book on a single device. If you don't want to get into DRM removal, you should ask about multiple accounts in the Kindle forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=140
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlescott View Post
Hi

I'm a new user here. I came here because I'm trying to figure out a multilingual problem. I read in multiple languages, but my Kindle Paperwhite is registered with amazon.co.jp in Japan. This means I can only use DRM free books, or purchase them from Amazon Japan.

My goal is to open a second Amazon account with Amazon France, and someone get those books onto my Kindle and read them.

Someone pointed me to this DeDRM plugin:

Dropbox link deleted because it could be unsafe as we don't know if any modifications were done to the plugin.

But this is all new to me. Are there any like users out there who have figured out how to purchase books from various Amazon accounts (Japan, France, Mexico) and get them all on the same Kindle device?

Thanks in advance for any pointers including forums that are for this.
Do not use that Dropbox link it's unsafe. use the link from the DeDRM Github.

Grab the latest version of DeDRM from here. It's an auto-release with all of the current code. It's called an alpha release but after this amount of time, it's not an alpha release in reality.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools_autorelease/tags
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #4
Seattlescott
Seattlescott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Welcome to MobileRead!

Most folks here just remove the DRM - that's a way to read any book on a single device. If you don't want to get into DRM removal, you should ask about multiple accounts in the Kindle forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=140
I'm in the process now of trying that. I did download the DRM remover tool referenced in this thread. I was told by another user that you need to have a previous version of the Kindle app for the DRM remover to work, so I downloaded that, which is Kindle for Windows 1.17.1. I installed it, and turned off auto update.

My next step is to create a new Amazon.fr account and buy a book from France and see if I can wipe the DRM off the book and get it onto my Kindle Paperwhite, which is registered in Japan with Amazon.co.jp....

That's a long way of saying "yeah, I'll just remove the DRM", but I still have to get the book, buy it from a different amazon store with a different amazon account and then successfully remove the DRM and get it onto my Kindle.
Seattlescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlescott View Post
I'm in the process now of trying that. I did download the DRM remover tool referenced in this thread. I was told by another user that you need to have a previous version of the Kindle app for the DRM remover to work, so I downloaded that, which is Kindle for Windows 1.17.1. I installed it, and turned off auto update.

My next step is to create a new Amazon.fr account and buy a book from France and see if I can wipe the DRM off the book and get it onto my Kindle Paperwhite, which is registered in Japan with Amazon.co.jp....

That's a long way of saying "yeah, I'll just remove the DRM", but I still have to get the book, buy it from a different amazon store with a different amazon account and then successfully remove the DRM and get it onto my Kindle.
Kindle for Windows 1.17.1 won't download any books published after January 2023. I think you had better read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503

You also need Calibre:
https://calibre-ebook.com/
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert