Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
ajay16
ajay16 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H2o
Question H2O Custom Screensaver Not Working After FW Update

Received my Libra H2o last week, got it all set up, placed a custom screensaver PNG in the 'screensaver' folder which I created. All fine.

Firmware has updated to: 4.26.16704

Now the custom screensaver no longer works, even though the file and folder are still there.

Any ideas?
ajay16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay16 View Post
Received my Libra H2o last week, got it all set up, placed a custom screensaver PNG in the 'screensaver' folder which I created. All fine.

Firmware has updated to: 4.26.16704

Now the custom screensaver no longer works, even though the file and folder are still there.

Any ideas?
In Settings => Energy Saving and Privacy, do you have Show current read and Show book covers full screen checked?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2021, 03:35 AM   #3
ajay16

Correct, I do.

It was working fine before the update.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:03 AM   #4
ajay16

Anyone else have the issue?
Still can't find a way to get it to work
Old 04-02-2021, 06:43 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just checked it here on my Aura H2O and Libra H2O with firmware 4.26.16704 and they both worked. I did go through the screensaver options and it needs those @DNSB mentioned. Have you tried turning them off and on?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
custom screensaver, libra h2o, screensaver