Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #1
dan2the6th
Connoisseur
dan2the6th began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone XR
Want to donate, but...

I want to donate some $$$ to Calibre. When I try, it says I can use PayPal or a credit card. But when I click on Credit Card, I get a popup that says I have to log into PayPal or create an account. I don't have a PayPal account, and I don't want one. What am I missing here?
dan2the6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to create a paypal account to pay by credit card. AT least that was the case the last time I looked at it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are a couple of alternate ways you can donate at https://calibre-ebook.com/donate
Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
dan2the6th
Connoisseur

Well, there are two things on the popup: "Log into PayPal" and "Create an Account". That's it.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm well sadly I dont have any control over paypal's payments page -- I just checked I have the setting to allow account less payments turned on in my paypal account, but it maybe that does not work because mine is based in India -- there are a bunch of extra restrictions here.
Advert
Old 07-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
dan2the6th
Connoisseur

Umm, it seems there are two different payment pages. I first clicked on the Heart icon in Calibre, and it went to a page as described above -- PayPal only (or so it appears). When I clicked on the Support Calibre button on the User Manual page, it went to a different place where I was able to do something as a Guest. (Of course, when I got done, it said, "This isn't working right now, try back later." So I'll try again later.)

Now that I'm through griping, THANK YOU very much for Calibre! I love it.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome