Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Why can't I use Calibre unless I'm connected to a network?

See attachment. When i press teh OK button, the app shuts down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-29-18-04-16.png
Views:	268
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	129091  
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Because that is not calibre. This looks like some app, to connect wireless with the real calibre on your desktop, to move books from calibre to your mobile device.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmaggs View Post
See attachment. When i press teh OK button, the app shuts down.
Look at the URL.
That is NOT a standard 'Calibre'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

so what the hell did I pay $4.99 for on Google shop? Is there in fact a calibre for galaxy 2? If so where do I get it?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is NO version of calibre that runs on an Android device. There are some apps that aid in the xfer and management of books on the device.

Rather than Calibre Library you would be advised by many to look at Calibre Companion that does have a trial version that limits you to 10 books under its management.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

ok thanks
Old 09-30-2014, 02:47 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Note that Calibre Companion requires "real calibre" on some computer in order to get books onto the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

^ Gotcha. I have calibre on my desktop. I assumed there was a mobile version of calibre because otherwise the books are simply dumped into a folder on my tablet; therefore I cannot, for instance, search by tag. (as far as I can tell)

Last edited by birkmaggs; 09-30-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmaggs View Post
^ Gotcha. I have calibre on my desktop. I assumed there was a mobile version of calibre because otherwise the books are simply dumped into a folder on my tablet; therefore I cannot, for instance, search by tag. (as far as U can tell)
You certifiably can search by tag with calibre companion, as well as by many other columns.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #10
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

Now it's beginning to gel. Thanks a lot.