Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #1
AaronMo
AaronMo began at the beginning.

Device: All
Unnecessary Text Anchors

Hey Everyone,

inDesign automatically added idText Anchors to my chapter headings. I have very short chapters and don't include them in the TOC. I'm inclined to remove these. Are there any good reasons to leave them in?

Second question, is there a way to quickly remove them rather than go line by line? Or more specifically, is there a way to use regex \d or similar to search <a id="_idTextAnchor024"></a></h3> so that \d replaces 024?

Thanks
AaronMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Diaps Toolbag plugin can Delete them no matter how they are used in the block.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Evangelist
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMo View Post
Hey Everyone,

inDesign automatically added idText Anchors to my chapter headings. I have very short chapters and don't include them in the TOC. I'm inclined to remove these. Are there any good reasons to leave them in?

Second question, is there a way to quickly remove them rather than go line by line? Or more specifically, is there a way to use regex \d or similar to search <a id="_idTextAnchor024"></a></h3> so that \d replaces 024?

Thanks
If you are not using them, you can probably get rid of them without causing a problem. Just make sure that anchor string is not used somewhere else where you DO want it. Try a regex search for
Code:
<a id="_idTextAnchor\d+"></a>
and replace with nothing.

If you want to prevent the problem, maybe head your chapters with a styled <p> instead of some <h> and they likely won't get the anchors (guessing, since I don't use InDesign)
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It's not clear but I am guessing the "024" is the chapter number, so you will need to capture it in the Search regex (\d+) so it can be used in the Replace field.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:39 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you absolutely need the <h3> in the search to get the right matches, consider using a positive lookahead to avoid capturing/replacing it:

Code:
<a id="_idTextAnchor\d+"></a>(?=<h3>)
Then replace with nothing,

Or you can capture the h3 and make sure it stays by using it in the replace expression:

Code:
<a id="_idTextAnchor\d+"></a><h3>
Then replace with:

Code:
<h3>
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert