Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
kobo Libra keeps dropping telnet

I have recently learned how to ssh into my Kobo Libra.

I use Nickel Menu to launch the service and find my IP.

However after 30 seconds of access, the connection is dropped. I try to restart it from Nickel Menu but the IP does not show.

Rebooting the Kobo is the only way to gain another 30 seconds of access.

Any suggestions?
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:11 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I assume you're accessing it over Wi-Fi?

In which case, that's just Nickel aggressively dropping Wi-Fi to conserve battery.

There's a hidden dev setting (that can be toggled via NM) to keep WI-Fi on *forever* (and I mean that: the device won't suspend, and will eat through a battery in no time if unplugged).

Otherwise, my usual quick hack is to keep the Wi-Fi popup open: that'll prevent Nickel from dropping the connection.

----

The better solution to that conundrum is, of course, SSH over USB via USBNet .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert