Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2023, 07:46 AM   #1
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2i, K3/KK WiFi, Basic (old), 2xFire, 2xPW (old), Voyage, Scribe
Unhappy FullError on library export

Hello!

I am running 64 bit Calibre 6.16 on Win10 Pro 10.0.18362 (not the most recent, i know).

The error I am getting on library export, very soon after initiating it, is

calibre, version 6.16.0
ERROR: Failed: Failed to export data. Click "Show details" for more information.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\exim.py", line 139, in run_action
File "calibre\utils\exim.py", line 204, in export
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 77, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2923, in export_library
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 2479, in backup_fts_database
apsw.FullError: FullError: error

Please advise!
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect you are outta disk space (or the filesystem has errors.).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2023, 10:16 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes that's most likely a disk full error. Use a larger disk to export too or alternately disable full text indexing and delete the full-text-search.db file in the calibre library folder before exporting. You will then have to re-enable and re-index the library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:21 AM   #4
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hmmm... Well, that's what it sounded like, but the destination has 350GB free... I'll try once more, perhaps I selected a wrong destination.

Thank you, Kovid!
Old 05-08-2023, 06:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://rogerbinns.github.io/apsw/ex...apsw.FullError for the meaning of fullerror
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2023, 03:02 PM   #6
bonzi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yes that's most likely a disk full error. Use a larger disk to export too or alternately disable full text indexing and delete the full-text-search.db file in the calibre library folder before exporting. You will then have to re-enable and re-index the library.
I checked, and there was plenty of space on the target disk. However, does this operation use some space on the system disk, too, perhaps in AppData? At the start, the program shows that the lib has some 50GB; the export target drive has about 350GB free. However, during the very short lived operation something ate the last 13GB of space on my system disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Update: Yes, c:/users/%myself%/AppData/Local/Temp/calibre_1q_z10g2/dor8jxw9-export.db is the culprit. Is there a way to tell Calibre to use the temp space somewhere else?

Update: Yes, there is; CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR env. var.

Note to self: RTFM!

Thanks!

Last edited by bonzi; 05-09-2023 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:14 PM   #7
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Yes have a look at https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html to see the list of environment variables which include "CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR"
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 03:16 AM   #8
bonzi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Yes have a look at https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html to see the list of environment variables which include "CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR"

I could have followed the advice I gave so many times and actually read the manual!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:04 AM   #9
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@bonzi

We all do it.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export error