Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
PRan
PRan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
library export - pls help!

Hi All just found this forum via the Calibre website - had no idea it existed!

Anyway, I have been using Calibre (with my Kobo) for several years now. I just bought a new laptop (Dell XPS 13) and was setting it up yesterday. I downloaded calibre and installed it, but am not sure how to transfer my library. I checked this guide: http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2017/0...port-your.html

but the version of calibre on my old machine doesn't have the export option shown. If i click on the library I have 1. switch/create library 2. pick random book and 3. library maintenance, which has sub options a) metadata backup status, b) start backing up metadata c) check library and d) restore database.

If someone could help me to export my library from my old machine to the new, that would be wonderful!

Thanks
PRan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the note here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
PRan

Thanks Kovidgoyal, but I don't see a solution in that note - the menu option advised (import/export) does not appear in the version of calibre installed on my old machine.....
Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Can you upgrade calibre on the old machine? That will give you the option needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
PRan

great, good idea - will give it a go....
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the note tells you how to copy libraries without needing to use that option.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
PRan

Thanks David that worked!