Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:40 AM   #1
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trollsbluepeter doesn't feed trolls

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Updating Metadata on a Kobo by Calibre

This was said in response to a query in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Also, to make sure the metadata is updated proper on your Kobo, you'll need to plug your Kobo in a second time so it updated the metadata after being imported.
Could someone expand on this, please? There seems to be a bit more needed than just "plugging the device in a second time" that I'm missing.

When I add books with series information in the metadata to my e-reader, that series information isn't immediately carried across. So, for example, I add book 4 to a series. I can see that books 1 to 3 belong to the relevant series, but not book 4. Simply plugging the device in again has no effect, with or without Calibre running. But when I add book 5 to the series, the metadata for book 4 does then get updated, and it now appears to belong to the series. But book 5 doesn't. And so on. Is there a way of adding book 4 to a series before I add book 5?

Also, if I update the collection to which a book belongs in Calibre, that information doesn't (AFAICT) get updated on the e-reader. But when I initially copy a book from Calibre to the e-reader, it is added to the correct (at the time) collection. Can Calibre move books on the e-reader from one collection to another?
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote