Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #1
splowrey
splowrey began at the beginning.

Device: I don't have one yet
Never converted an Ebook before, need help

Good evening community.

Looks like I found the right place. I'm trying to convert my children's book PDF into epub. It has done that. But every epub viewer I use to view how it looks, just makes every thing look like this, is this not normal? And the words are always front of white panels.

splowrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Voyage,PW1,KOA, Kobo: Clara Colour, Nook GLP, Pocketbook verse
PDFs don't convert very well--they aren't designed to be ebooks and don't really contain the right information.

One thing that sometimes works for me is to open the PDF in Microsoft Word, which will offer to convert to a Word document. If the conversion completes, look at whether it looks OK and save it as a docx format.

Then let Calibre convert the docx to epub--it does a very good job in that regard.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert