Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
A bug in Sigil?

Hi Kevin and Diap;

In my epubs (3), sometimes I add a javascript to the nav.xhtml file and when I do that, the property "scripted" is not added in the .opf file. That is not a big problem because I can add that property by hand (and I do that), but the issue arises when Sigil open the epub because the property added by me, is erased; I have to do the thing every time that Sigil opens the ebook. Could you fix that in the next Sigil version?

Many thanks in advance.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you use the ePub3 Tools item in the Tools menu and click on Update Manifest Properties, does this correct the error(s) for you. I haven't tried it with a js linked to the nav document, but it works for standard html documents though I seem to recall at one point, reading that what the navigation document can contain is limited and javascript was not listed as a allowed item. Now if I could find that reference...

Edit: The reference basically stated that since the navigation document is intended to be machine readable, javascript should not be used. Instead make the navigation document hidden and create an dedicated for human use html ToC. So perhaps a nav.xhtml navigation document and a toc.xhtml human intended ToC.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 02:21 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I will look into it. That property should not be erased if present on loading of any epub if it already exists in the opf manifest for any file.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote