Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
KittyNell
KittyNell began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
An error has occurred whilst accessing the ebook Digital Rights Management System

I've had my PRS-300 about three weeks, at first I downloaded free ebooks, then I bought an ebook and that worked beautifully. Now however, when I try to download a new ebook which I have recently bought I get the message:

'An error has occurred whilst accessing the ebook Digital Rights Management System'

I don't understand what I have done any different. Please help.
KittyNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Where are you downloading the books from? The Sony store? The library? Are they Sony LRX format? Or Adobe ePub?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
KittyNell

Books On Board, ePub format, thank you.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Okay, I don't care for Abode's DRM scheme, so I haven't bought DRM'd ePubs yet. If I read your email correctly, you've previously downloaded "free ebooks"...were they ePubs? From Books on Board? And did you notice if BoB noted they were encrypted (DRM) or not?

Second, when you installed Adobe Digital Editions, did you create an account with Adobe so when you downloaded the books, they would be "authorized" to your account? I'm not real solid on the specifics, because I haven't done this, but I know it has to be done...and your error message makes me think you haven't....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
KittyNell

I downloaded free books from manybooks.com, they work and I can still download books from there onto my reader.

At first I didn't have Adobe digital editions, I just used the sony library. When I downloaded my first bought book (the one that worked) I was asked to set up an Adobe account which I did at that point.

It was only when I tried to download the second bought book, a number of days later that the error message came up.

At this point I emailed books on board asking why this was happening and they asked me to try and see if it worked on Adobe Digital Editions. I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and that came up with the following error message:

'Error during recovery after failed manifest save.
Error deleting file: (...)\My Digital Editions\manifest.xml Error detail: Error #2038'

I live in the UK so I can't buy from the sony website.

Thank you for any help you can give. It's all appreciated.

Last edited by KittyNell; 05-20-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Some quick questions and a suggestion:

1. Are you using eBook Library?
2. Are you on Windows or Mac?

If you're on Mac, you need to scrub the eBook Library software from your machine, then reinstall it.

1. Throw the eBook Library application in the trash
2. Delete /Library/eBookLibrary
3. Delete /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation
4. Delete /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/fsk
5. Delete /Users/(yourname)/Library/Preferences/Marlin
6. Reinstall software.

On a PC, the same tactic might help, but I'm not sure what steps to take.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
KittyNell

Yes, ebook library
windows not mac

I'll try removing everything
Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
KittyNell

I deleted/uninstalled everything I could find. I reinstalled and it seemed for a tiny moment like things were working a bit better. My book downloaded, it now just won't open in eBook Library because the eBook Library says my PC is not authorized to view the ebook.

So I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions which when I click Authorize computer says I already have and shows me my email address. When I try to dowload the same book into Adobe Digital Editions I gat the following error:

Error during recovery after failed manifest save.
Error deleting file: (...)\My Digital Editions\manifest.xml
Error detail: Error #2038

again,
except now there's actually a file in the Adobe Digital Edittions Library whereas before there didn't use to be one turn up. The file is useless, it does nothing.

Last edited by KittyNell; 05-20-2011 at 04:10 AM.