Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Obtaining books directly on a Tolino

This is for sources other than the store Tolino associates with out of the box. I recall RCentros has reported on various stores he was able to buy from directly but I couldn't remember which thread that was in and thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread where we report sources that work (or don't work!) on Tolinos.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Overdrive library - works

Gutenberg.org - works

Kobo - mixed results
The first time I tried I was able to access the Kobo home page but tapping the menu button didn't do anything so I couldn't sign in.

I tried again today and was able to use the menu and bring up the sign-in page, which I bookmarked for future direct access. I was then able to download two books which I had previously purchased on my phone, but each required two attempts - I got an error the first time on each book.

Later this evening I signed in again and tried to download a third book but tapping on the three-dot menu didn't do anything so I had to use my PC to transfer the book.

Last edited by 4691mls; 05-18-2020 at 08:41 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:58 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Tolino with its special application is designed for the German market and for German libraries ("Onleihe with its own DRM).
However, it is easy to use the Android 4.4.2 below and therefore offers the cheapest Android eInk devices on which it is possible to easily install a wide variety of store applications.
Kindle app, Kobo app, etc. run
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2020, 03:15 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Here's what I've tried so far:

Overdrive library - works

Gutenberg.org - works

Kobo - mixed results
The first time I tried I was able to access the Kobo home page but tapping the menu button didn't do anything so I couldn't sign in.
Same here, mixed results with Kobo. No problems with Overdrive or Gutenberg (or any non-DRM ePub provider if you can log in — some require popups that the Tolino browser doesn't support).

Some others that I've experimented with...

ebooks.com (works, but you have to carefully avoid the automatic download to Android app, Blue... something).

Feedbooks. (Free and, I think, DRM books.)

Google Books won't work. Can't get the "three dot" popup to work. Otherwise I think it would work.

BAM (Books A Million) -- I think I've gotten them to work.

Archive.org (DRM borrowing) -- not easy, you have to type in what you see on your PC browser when navigating to your borrowed book.

ManyBooks (don't believe it works. A glitch with a popup when trying to sign in).

BookLand -- works, but not many English books available.

SmashWords -- works well since there's no DRM.

(If I can think of more I'll add them.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-24-2020 at 02:09 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Thanks! I knew you would be along sooner or later to list your findings.

I'm bookmarking this thread for future reference. Mostly I read library books but I like knowing what stores would work on my reader if I am away from my home computer.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:11 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Thanks! I knew you would be along sooner or later to list your findings.
I've made some corrections to my first post... I probably should try to find the original post in the other thread because those findings were "fresh," these are (mostly) done from memory.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert