Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
JosephMiller
JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What made you sad today?

Nothing made me sad today, except the thought of tomorrow What about you?
JosephMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The news. They usually do.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A family problem. Not new. Still a work in progress.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
That I have to go to work tomorrow.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Pulled the Lord of the Rings DVDs out to binge this weekend and sad that last time I watched them was with my late sister. She died unexpectedly almost 3 years ago.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #6
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Humans...

Cats make me happy though...
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:18 AM   #7
JosephMiller
JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JosephMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Humans...

Cats make me happy though...
Cats are really cute! I can't resist kitty cuteness
Old 02-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Our cat has been behaving differently of late, peeing on the runner near the front door, not eating all her food, pooping in the basement under the stairs.

Took her into the vet on Saturday; blood work done, weight taken. She's lost a kg of weight (over 2 lbs) and her blood seemed thin.

My wife had a call from the vet this morning. Mabel is ill, possibly blood cancer; her red cell count very low

Sue (wife) seems reconciled to having her euthanized later this week.

Feeling sad.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Spoiler:
Our cat has been behaving differently of late, peeing on the runner near the front door, not eating all her food, pooping in the basement under the stairs.

Took her into the vet on Saturday; blood work done, weight taken. She's lost a kg of weight (over 2 lbs) and her blood seemed thin.

My wife had a call from the vet this morning. Mabel is ill, possibly blood cancer; her red cell count very low

Feeling sad.

Poor Mabel. My deepest condolences to your family.

I lost three kitties in the last 5 years, all of them to kidney failure. Still makes me sad to think of them. They were very dear to me.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:21 PM   #10
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Feeling sad.
I'm sad to hear this. In the past I've had to make that terrible decision too. It is hard to let go, and for anyone who is a "pet person" it is like losing a member of your family. It is a gut wrenching decision, but in the end we have to consider the pet's current and future quality of life as well as how much pain and discomfort it is in.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
So sorry PeterT ... we lost 2 kitties last year and still feel the loss ....
Losing a furry family member puts a hole in your heart ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:32 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry to hear this, PeterT.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Thanks all of you for your support. Much appreciated.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
So sorry Peter. It's so difficult to lose a fur baby.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #15
JosephMiller

Of course, it's a big pity! But today I'm sad about coronavirus news from different countries....