Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 10:22 AM   #1
MarToc
MarToc began at the beginning.

Device: mobile phone with kindle
Calibre EPUBs cause errors during upload to "epubli"

HI,

I use calibre for converting Windows DOCXs to EPUB an publish them by using the German publish agent "epubli.de".

All the times when I send uploads I get long lists of errors. How can I avoid this? (please see attached screenshot)

Thank you!

Regards Marco
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fehler_EPUB.png
Views:	28
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	210608  
Attached Files
File Type: txt EPUB_index_splitt_004.txt (27.5 KB, 8 views)
MarToc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarToc View Post
HI,

I use calibre for converting Windows DOCXs to EPUB an publish them by using the German publish agent "epubli.de".

All the times when I send uploads I get long lists of errors. How can I avoid this? (please see attached screenshot)

Thank you!

Regards Marco
The thing to do is install the epubcheck plugin for calibre. It is an editor plugin. After that, load the ePub in the calibre editor and run epucheck to see what the errors are. You can click on the error and go the the line where the error is.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Given a couple of the error messages in your screenshot, you are using role="doc-noteref" which is an ePub3 feature in an ePub2 ebook. A quick conversion to ePub3 of your attached file using Sigil removed the error message related to role.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote